Friday, October 24, 2008

Gathering Illinois Friends and Family


A Motley Crue indeed!

Maggie and I were honored, when my brother Rick offered to let us have a party at his house while we were home in Illinois. We thought our trip home would be a great time to gather all of our friends and family in one place and celebrate our wedding all over again. We had a great time, even though it was 85 degrees with 80% humidity (Back home it was a sweltering 10 degrees with snow on the ground!) I haven't sweat that much since I lived in Illinois!










Sweaty boy and Maggie




Our family members who braved the ridiculous heat were, my brothers Jim and Rick and their families, including my sisters-in-law Pama and Nancy and niece Amanda and nephew Tim. Nephews Zach and Greg were not able to join us unfortunately. My Uncle Tom and Aunt Nancy joined us, as did my Uncle Bob and Aunt Marilyn. My adopted family member Kimma, and her sister and brother-in-law Shawn and Aaron joined us as well.













Jim, Nancy, Uncle Bob and Uncle Tom



Aunt Marilyn, Maggie and Uncle Bob

Uncle Tom and Aunt Nancy

Friends came from all over. His Holiness, Pope Bite Me IV, visited from St. Louis. My best friend Jeff and his wife Belinda brought their kids Roan and Teaghan from Chicago. Bill and Carmen also came down from Chicago. Mike and Christie came from Champaign with their kids Will and Emma. Also from Champaign were Barb and Rod. Barb is still my favorite boss of all time! It was great to see the C/U crew.

Barb and Rod


Sandy and Alyce


Rod and Francie


Sandy and Raymond



Pope, holding court


Jeff and Pete

Our Springfield friends included, Pete sans his wife and twin girls, Blake and Jenny came with their kids Evan and Annabelle, Lori and Steve brought Ben and Emily and Amy and Steve came with Leanna and Eric. Illinois State Library friends were also in attendance. "Professor" Arlyn, Sandy, Francie, Raymond, Alyce, and Tom. My former reference department supervisor and current Director of the Illinois State Library Anne brought her son Thomas.
Amy, Lori and "The Steves"


Carmen, Bill, Mike and Belinda

With all of the children at the party, Maggie and I started to feel a little left out without our Alma.


Rick and Pama's perfect Golden Retriever, Sarah

We didn’t get to spend enough time with folks. It’s the curse of having a big party. I just wanted sit down with everyone and say. “So what’s been happening in your life?” “How have you been?” “How do you people handle this heat? In October?!” We just couldn’t do it. It was too busy. For that I apologize. I urged all of our guests to come to Montana. We can have those conversations sitting on the sun porch at 600 Main Street.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I like the Pope's new casual look and he looks much younger in person. Hope you will get the opportunity to have that party at 600 Main, but you'll have to remove all those crazy signs first! :)

8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home